Saturday 4 June 2011

My New Desktop Wallpaper




On Friday, Prime minister Stephen Harper, leader of the new Conservative majority government was all puffed up and ready to enjoy the Throne speech outlying his new right wing agenda when the unexpected happened. From the Winnipeg free press:

Brigette DePape was the media darling of the throne speech after she used her access to the Senate chamber as a parliamentary page to stage a protest against the Conservative government.  Shortly after Gov. Gen. David Johnston began reading the speech; DePape walked to the centre of the chamber, stood behind the Supreme Court justices and held up a red stop-sign shaped sign with the words "Stop Harper."

We’re down but not out.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I feel about this at all. I borrowed your picture and the quote (linking back to your blog, of course) for a post that, I hope, will start a discussion about this.

    The post will come up later tonight.

    ReplyDelete