Saturday 25 June 2011

Farmer’s market

Distant photo of local Farmer's market



   I took these photos at a farmer’s market near my home. Mostly organic food from local farms, jam, homemade preserves, gluten free bread, pies and other items which are not available at the local supermarkets. Prices are slightly higher than the stores but the quality is better. The city also rents out plots to locals for vegetable gardens in some public areas which are not used for parks. Some people donate the surplus food to food banks. One of my neighbours gives me his extra tomatoes and other vegetables since it seems to be feast or famine with backyard gardens. I planted cucumbers, onions, lettuce, squash and tomatoes in my backyard. We’ll see how things turn out.



Maple syrup
Jams and preserves


No comments:

Post a Comment