Monday 25 April 2011

Easter Monday

Church Altar with Easter Lilies


It's raining outside so I thought that I would describe my Easter Sunday. I got up about 6:30 and arrived at my parish church for the 8 am service.  The lilies (Zantedeschia aethiopica) decorating the alter are traditional. After the service I went to a champagne breakfast in the basement. Easter represents the end of Lent which is a forty day period of fasting and penance so we like to have a big feast(s) on Sunday.

Church Champagne Breakfast
In the afternoon I went to where my kids live and had Easter dinner which consists of  potatoes, asparagus, lamb with garlic and lemon, carrots, brussel sprouts and pavlova with berries and cream for dessert. Pavlova is a meringue-based dessert named after the Russian ballet dancer Anna Pavlo during her tour in New Zealand. We had a Moscato d'Asti from the Piedmont region in Italy for wine. Moscato d'Asti is sparkling white wine produced mainly in the province of Asti, north-west Italy.

Easter dinner

Pavlova

1 comment:

  1. I'm indifferent to desserts but Moscato d'Asti is one of my favorite wines.

    ReplyDelete